Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Piper...One week away?


Alright- I officially have ONE WEEK until my due date. I know due dates are a load of hooey, but I would like to think that Piper is a smart gal, and will be quite the considerate little lady and not make her mama wait too long. I also think she will get tired of being squished as I squeeze into too small clothing. I was wearing my fave pair of maternity jeans yesterday and they were so miserably tight, all I could imagine was Piper's little head cramming into my already crowded organs. Nobody would like that- not even an unborn child.

I have been trying to walk and walk and walk since I haven't really been allowed able to these last 8 weeks, so that I can get things moving. I am also incredibly restless, and have few things to do. My house is clean (thanks mamas!), I've culled through Neal's photos from this past weekend and eliminated the drunken bridesmaids' dancing crotch shots, made iPad covers (not done with those yet!) redecorated my craft room into a craft/guest room, and have assembled every baby gadget we've got. The newborn clothes are washed. The cloth diapers are washed. My bags, Neal's and Piper's are all packed. Now it's just a waiting game.

For any of you who've known me for a decent amount of time, you know that I'm not a patient girl. I'm spontaneous, feisty, impulsive, and impatient. Neal says I'm his "spice."It's not good for me to be left with little to keep my occupied. Soooo...I bought my next project. It still goes hand-in-hand with the iPad cases, but it's so much more of a blank canvas. Check out this little treasure I found at Dupre's Antique Market today:


Look at that pattern!!
It's a vintage, quilted skirt- WITH belt- and it is fabulous. As far as clothing goes, this  qualifies as one of the more unfortunate skirts I've encountered. I mean, it is seriously like a Christmas tree skirt texture. However- it is the best pattern AND super-soft! Love me some colorful, floral goodness. I can't WAIT to start chopping it up. I definitely foresee some iPad cases coming from it. Probably a purse...or two. Anyone want to call dibs? The belt may stay in my personal collection...it's just that good. Updates on the quilted skirt repurposing projects will follow.

Unless Piper makes her debut...



No comments: