Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Piper Jayne is here!

Well, little did I know that 2 days after my last post, I'd be going to the hospital!

I was really stir-crazy on Wednesday, so I got out and about and ran some errands. I had to pick something up from the post office, and it turned out to be a document that needed to be returned to Campbell that day, so I ran up to the school to drop it off. I said hi to my coworkers and even got to see my 2nd period class! They were so sweet and happy to see me- I was honored to feel so special. My stomach was touched (a lot) and I only heard one student say, "What was her name?" Not too bad : )

I got home after making a few more stops, and sat down on the couch- exhausted! I hate to admit it, but I finally gave in to my craving for a Big Mac, and was chowing down on that, watching Teen Mom (not one of my classier moments) when I thought I felt my water break. Neal had JUST texted me that he was leaving work (hello 40+ min drive home!) and I called him immediately to let him know what just happened. Long story short, he got home, we got all of our last minute items to stick in our bags, and headed to the hospital. Turns out, my water had NOT broken, however my thighs and knees were purple and swollen, and the doctor thought I may have a blood clot somewhere. Once proven clot-free, he still wanted to induce, because he believed that Piper was putting pressure on my veins, and that it wasn't healthy for either of us. I was told I would be given an Ambien so I could get a good, last night of sleep, and that I would be induced in the morning.

We got induced at 9am, and the labor pains really started about 2 hours later. I was progressing slowly, and Dr. Dyar (my fave in the practice!) was hesitant to think I would be having Piper that day. An epidural and a couple of hours later, he came back in to check, and I was ready to go! I pushed for 2 1/2 hours, but Piper was "sunny side up" and could not be turned. I was rushed for a c-section, and Piper Jayne Reeves was born at 11:34pm on April 4th, and weighed 7lbs 15oz, and was 20 inches long. We were SHOCKED that I was carrying an almost 8lb baby! I was so small throughout my pregnancy and Dr. Dyar always said he suspected she was on the smaller end of normal. Wrong!

We are so happy to have her here. She is an incredible baby! She sleeps so well (yes, thank you to all of you who would say, "Just you wait!!") I love her so much, and she truly is a treasure. I know I have the biased "mom glasses" on, but I can honestly say that I have a beautiful daughter. Her features are so petite, and she has the most dainty little head. I love her hair and small ears. She looks at me and melts my heart. I've never been very maternal, and had some worries that I wouldn't be great at this whole "mom thing." I think I've surprised not only myself, but several around me by how quickly I've jumped into the maternal role I've been presented with. I know my baby's cry, and her little grunts and noises. I love how she stretches first thing in the morning when I unswaddle her. She raises her tiny fists above her head and grunts and smiles- who doesn't want to wake up to that? She is so happy (except for a one hourish period around 10-11pm...we're working on that...) and vocal. She loves her daddy too. One of my favorite parts of my day is when he comes home from work and kisses me, then takes Piper and loves on her. I love that he can't get enough of his girls.

I am truly blessed and in love. I can't wait to see my baby girl grow and develop into the lady God created her to be. I know I have a lot ahead of me- good and bad- but I know I have a great network of support, and can't wait to experience it all.

Welcome to the world, sweet Piper. You are loved, you are treasured, and you are priceless.


Our first appt- there's a baby in there!

We're having a girl!

One of the last times I got to wear my Campbell wrestling shirt...

She finally dropped!

Last belly picture I got to take. This was 6 days before she was born!

Got that epidural- feeling good! Ready for Piper!

First time holding my baby girl. Words can't describe the joy!

Sweet daddy.

My first "good" picture with my baby girl.
Sweet one.

I love these smiles!! 

1 comment:

Alli said...

Love this! I can't wait to meet her!