Sunday, May 5, 2013

One month?!

My baby is one month and one day today! We got her cute one month pictures yesterday, and got some quality time with her great-grandmother, my mom and dad, brothers and Carrie, and of course Neal. It was so nasty outside! Just like the day she came into this world! I love rainy days, and didn't mind the time inside with my family.

It's incredible how quickly and easily I've fallen in love with this little one. She's incredible. I find myself opting to stare at her instead of taking much-needed naps. It blows my mind that Neal and I were capable of creating such a beautiful little human!

One month accomplishments- (some literally within the last few days...)

1. She sleeps about 5 hours at a time at night. Beautiful child, I tell ya.
2. She has finally started giving her daddy the time of day! Or night, I should say, because the last few nights, he has been the only one that has been able to console her and get her to sleep. Beautiful man, I tell ya.
3. She is the most amazingly, efficient eater. We are at 10-15 minutes tops. Do you KNOW how convenient that is when we're out and about? She used to take over an hour. We are figuring this breastfeeding thing out!!
4. She started taking a pacifier. Yesterday, she kept it in her mouth all day when she was sleeping. I'm torn between feeling concerned at her sudden attachment, and happy at this newfound way to keep her happy. It appears she's not always crazy about it, we just had a long stint with it yesterday.
5. She has coo/giggled. Ok, it probably wasn't a real giggle, but it's the first thing that has remotely resembled one...
6. She went to her first estate sale yesterday. She didn't make any purchases, but I was proud of her display of self-control.
7. She went to her one month check-up and mama and baby both got praised for our efforts thus far. She is 9lbs and 2oz! 22" long, and healthy as can be- real "chow hound" according to the doc.
8. On the same day as her appointment, she also accomplished her first whirlwind, marathon day of visits. Starting at 9am- we went to Target and Starbucks (first coffee and I only got to drink half!) doctor appointment, lunch date with Pammy(g-mother), great-grandmother and great- great- aunt. Then we went to Campbell to visit Ms. Anne , the secretary, and saw several other Campbell staff. Then we went to Neal's work, and met all his co-workers, and then to my mom's office, then home. And I don't know how we did it. Honest to goodness.
9. Last but not least, and not in order- we got our first out-of-town visitor. Aunt Hope made a trip all the way from Illinois to see Piper and spend Mon-Wed loving on her and spoiling her. We got some serious girl time in!!! So much fun and much-needed relaxing ; ))

All-in-all, Miss Piper Jayne is a busy little lady. I really need to focus on slowing down and cherishing the time I'm so blessed to have with her. I've been so thankful of the fact that I get to stay at home with her! If I hadn't had a c-section, I would be returning to work in 2 weeks, but (thank goodness?) since I had the additional surgery, my leave is 8 weeks, which extends it to *literally* the last day of post-planning. The odds are fascinating- to the DAY! God is so good!!







No comments: