Monday, July 1, 2013

Help raise money for a baby's surgery!

Hey Readers!

This post is a bit of a serious one-

One of my students from Fall semester (and also from Spring '12) has a little sister named Jordyn, who was born with a disability. Jordyn's disability is called Tibial Hemimelia, which means that she was born without her Tibia. Her family is trying to raise $30,000 for the much-needed surgery that Jordyn is scheduled to receive in November of this year. Doctors wanted to amputate this sweet baby's leg, however they have found a doctor willing to do reconstructive surgery, and give Jordyn the chance to walk. Now, I've never met Jordyn, but I have had the privilege of teaching her oldest sister, Tia, for 2 classes, and if she's anything like Tia, this girl has a LOT of potential! Tia was one of my best students, and always put up with my crazy antics. She easily had one of the highest grades in my classes, despite being very busy with extra-curriculars, and being an older sister to several siblings. I have a lot of respect for this sweet girl, and hope she does great things that I am so sure she is capable of doing.

I will be donating proceeds from the sales of the following items to Jordyn's cause. Please check out the headbands below, and leave a comment or email me (samanthajaynereeves@gmail.com) to place your order. If you have no interest in baby hair accessories, but would like to donate to this precious baby's cause, click HERE to read more about this family and the circumstances they are facing. Donations of any amount are beneficial, and much-appreciated. I know that if my sweet Piper was facing a challenge such as this, I would be doing everything possible to help her walk someday. Please take a look at the products below, and check back for added inventory.

Autumn flowers with pearls: $12
Rosy Blues: $10
Cool Dahlias: $8
Pretty Pinks: $8   
Royal Roses: $10
Orange Circles: $12
YBP Flowers: $12
PYG Flowers: $12
PBO Flowers: $12
Summer Roses: $10
Green, Yellow, Blue Circles: $12
Orange, Blue, Yellow circles Clip: $12
Black, Magenta, Green Flower Clip: $12
Magenta, Blue, Yellow Flowers: $12
                         
Blue, Gray, Black Flowers: $12
Purple, Green, Blue Circles: $12                           
Purple and Blue Flowers: $12
                               


Much thanks to my sweet girl, Piper, for her patience and grins. Chickadee did 2 sessions- one at night (jammie pics!) and one the next morning (yay! real clothes!) If you would like additional pictures of any items, please contact me!

Let's help Jordyn on her Journey to walk!

No comments: