Friday, June 28, 2013

Home Makeover

Sooo...while Piper and I were gone to the beach with my family, (first part of last week,) Neal completed my Mother's Day gift home project. I came home to a painted, cleaned, and totally organized laundry room. Before, it was dark (one bulb, tiny light), dusty, and messy! Our house in Athens had THE BIGGEST LAUNDRY ROOM EVER, so when we moved to Marietta, I quickly had to adjust to a much smaller (albeit much more normal-sized) laundry room.

He also has a mostly constructed drying rack that will fold up and down from the wall, and act as an added space saver. My dinky little wooden drying rack will now be able to serve as my cloth diaper dryer aka pretty much always be full and set-up in the sun. He also painted it the nice, butter yellow that my kitchen is painted. All in all, the boy done good! After he showed it to me, he also instructed me to buy fun knobs to go on the cabinet doors. What can I say- the boy knows my love of nice knobs. Ok, enough knob talk, let's look at the contenders:

This is my first choice. Anthropologie absolutely ROCKS it in the hardware department. I personally don't think their prices are unreasonable, either. This particular knob is $10. I need 4, so do the math, $40.  


This is my 2nd choice. These are at Urban Outfitters and WAY reasonably priced at 2 for $10 (limited time, yo.) 

Now, I'm a fairly reasonable gal, and when I'm looking for something in particular (especially home decor,) when I see it, I know THAT is what I want. No questions, no hesitations, no regrets. I saw the first knob- BAM. That's what I wanted. But the more practical side of me wants to get the 2nd option. I know this is one of the most horrible cases of "First World Problems," but hey, it's what's on my mind. What do you think? Option 1 or Option 2?


Next up- guest bathroom renovation. Neal doesn't know it yet though...

Me and the beach chickadee. She did so well on her first long trip!



No comments: